Connecter v.3.x changelog
date: July 15th, 2021
- Unreal Engine 4 integration v.0.9.0:
- 3ds Max integration v.2.80.6:
- Cinema 4D integration v.1.5.102:
date: June 24th, 2021
- Interactive previewing of HDRI and EXR images
- Use custom HDRI or EXR image as an environment map for the PBR Material Preview tool
- Тhe Previews panel now shows the content of the selected stack(s);
- The Previews panel now shows the parameters of the selected Substance material asset (.subsar);
- Image files’ metadata is now shown in the Previews panel. Also supported for some video formats (.avi, .avici, .mov, .mpg4) and .wav sound files.
- Improvements in the Folders panel:
- Following the Asset context menu improvements we introduced with Connecter v3.0, we now introduced some of these concepts in the Folder context menu. These include:
- grouping with separators of logical sets of commands;
- styling updates to make the menu visually consistent with the other context menus used in Connecter;
- showing only the commands that are applicable for the selection. Before, some context commands worked for the whole selection (hide, star, delete, change color, manage external files) while others didn’t (create a new folder, copy Connecter path).
- “Rename”, “Change color”, “Manage External Files”, “PBR Material Preview” commands on missing folders are now disabled;
- The “hamburger” context menu which, after the introduction of the now-standard right-click context menu, became obsolete and somewhat confusing, is now removed;
- Added “Copy Path” command;
- Added “Properties” command;
- Fixed: The context menu now doesn’t close when interacting with the “Show Files in Subfolders” and “Apply on Subfolders” options;
- Doubleclick on an empty space in the Folders panel executes the Add folder command;
- Showing the “not allowed” icon and block interaction when dragging a folder on any of its subfolders.;
- Showing the “not allowed” icon and block interaction when dragging subfolders to their own host folder (one level up);
- Showing the “not allowed” icon and block interaction when dragging a folder to itself;
- When a selected folder is deleted, the Asset view used to go into a new state (an empty Assets view). Now the view navigates one step up in the folders hierarchy (same as in Windows’ File Explorer);
- When moving a folder the Assets view now navigates one step up in the folders hierarchy (same as in Windows’ File Explorer);
- All dropdowns and context menus in Connecter can now be closed with ESC.;
- Filenames are now shown on hover on preview thumbnails in the Preview panel for External Files and Custom Preview views.
- Fixed: Pasting a folder with the same name now adds “-copy” in the name (standard Windows behaviour). Before, a warning appeared blocking the operation;
- Fixed: The playback speed of certain animated assets (.bvh, .fbx, etc.) was not correct;
- Fixed: A validation for non-valid symbols when renaming folders is now added. Before “Something went very wrong” notification appeared blocking the operation;
- Custom previews are now ordered by name when multiple previews are added at once.
date: March 11th, 2021
- Fixed: Issue preventing some FBX files from being previewed in Connecter.
- 3ds Max integration v.2.80.1 (released March 2nd):
- Cinema 4D integration v.1.5.102:
- Problem Reporter app was completely rebuilt to make it easier and more reliable for the users to report issues they are facing and to allow us to provide faster support and solutions.