Connecter v.5.x changelog
date: January 23rd, 2023
- Added: Grasshopper support for .ghuser assets with improved UX - the assets won’t get moved when you drag & drop them;
- Added: .ghuser file format as part of the Scripts asset type;
- Added: Improved support of Substance materials with the implementation of the latest Substance SDK.
date: December 1st, 2022
- Fixed: 3ds Max integration 2.80.59 & 2.80.60 addresses recently reported bugs outlined ;
- Fixed: Corner case with system locale affecting self-hosted ;
- Fixed: Minor UX and UI issues.
date: November 17th, 2022
- Fixed: Adding non-shared custom properties resulted in a crash in specific scenarios.
date: November 16th, 2022
Changelog with previous updates on Connecter 4.x can be found .
- Collaborative Feedback on assets and asset versions: | ;
- Custom properties: | ;
- Generating custom previews for 3ds Max assets in Connecter: | ;
- “Show differences” new feature in Compare images tool: | ;
- Collections: | ;
- Dynamic subsets: | .
- 3ds Max integration: Completely refactored Add / Update workflows with new Python-based UI: ;
- Redesigned interface and improved workflows for managing Workspaces: ;
- Media Player improvements: Now, videos can be zoomed in and out and played full size: ;
- Interactive Preview Player is now with a much bigger viewport: 1200 x 900px;
- New Tag's breadcrumb: The fully-interactive breadcrumb allows quickly selecting and deselecting individual tags, selecting subtags and more visual interaction for toggling the “Show all” and “Show combined” tag modes: ;
- Stacks improvements:
- All contextual commands available on multi-selections are now also available on stacks;
- Drag and Drop: Users can now use drag & drop interaction with stacks;
- Quick preview of an asset preview gallery in the assets view with Shift + mouse scroll interaction: ;
- Quick preview on videos and audio files: With a click and hold of the middle mouse button, users can preview videos and audio assets directly within the assets view: ;
- Version Control:
- Operations on multi-selection of versions (Review) and variants (Review, Remove);
- Update asset content to any version, not just the latest;
- Now multiple previews can be added to versions;
- Version Control commands were added in the Tags and Folders context menus to allow operations to be executed with a single click on all assets within the selected folder or tags;
- Asset Details Panel improvements:
- Added PRODUCTIVITY section with quick links to , and the new and feature;
- Added section for the new CUSTOM PROPERTIES feature: ;
- The CUSTOM PROPERTIES section is now ASSET PROPERTIES with quick access to Tags and Custom previews: ;