🕘 Day of Shecurity 2018
Jun 16, 2018
- 9:30-12 Burp Suite Workshop
- 12-1 Lunch
- ?? - Robert Fly, Nicole Fish - Oh, the Humanity: Using Behavioral Science To Improve Security
- 3:30-4:15pm Heather Eggers: How to Communicate Information Security Risks and Drive Meaningful Action
- CyberSN/Brainbabe, Vijaya Kaza - Lookout, Astha Singhal - OWASP
- how data including numbers, names, addresses, bank passcodes, PIN numbers, how many times each contact was dialed, and the last time the contact was called.
- “We’re dealing with cyberwars amongst nations”
Burp Suite Workshop
Jason Haddix (@)
- Don’t leak your creds. If you use Chrome for your day-to-day make sure you have a specific Chrome profile or use a different browser.
- Useful Chrome Extensions
- : easy proxy switcher
- - right click and drag over any link to open all links associated with a menu
- good for “spidering pages”
- copy and paste a bunch of links at once
- You can scope requests by Target → Scope and entering regex/keywords to only target specific domains
- The filter ribbon allows you to define what kind of requests will appear in the HTTP history
- Context menu on requests allow you to do several Send To actions
- Send to intruder
- Send to repeater
- allows you to manipulate a request and replay it.
- It’s more useful to sort requests in descending order to see the most recent at the top.
- Allows you to do intentional crawling of a site and find pages that aren’t evident at first glance (basically build a full site map)
- Can even attempt to log in to or submit things that look like forms
- You can set how many links deep you want to crawl
- You should turn off automatic form submissions and passive spidering as you browse (it’s kind of workflow disruptive).
- You may also want to throttle requests to avoid getting banned.
- Captchas can be tricky - image selection ones are not possible to bypass automatically.
- Book recommendation:
- You can use burp to resolve a list of common words like admin to find pages (Content Discovery) that would not be linked to anywhere on the site.
- is actually a better tool for this. It’s a CLI equivalent.
- has a better content short list for discovery