---> +DIRECTION SPACE CRAFT ENGINEERING/Components
- Capsule : Which will contain the biological material:
- protective (passive/active) material
- schields (radiations, cosmic ray etc...)
- surviving kit (to warm/cold the biological material)
- Propulsion systems : depend of the type of caps size/mass etc parameters:
- Energy type a) to go on orbit, b) to reach the min speed of 16.6 km/s (to go out of the solar system, the speed is of 42.1 km/s based on the solar referential)
- time of the journey... here to justify that the first stars are near 270kUA from Earth, depend of the final speed of your capsule
- Protective systems for landing to insure the biololgicla material will survive to the landing
- link directly to your design
As discussed, all your calculations must have the "earth value" to developp the bacteria in good conditions.
For example : if your protective system is previous for a "earth athmospere density" and your seed will touch a "gaz planet..." your seed will be destroyed (by pressure, etc.). You must define which margin are acceptable for your project.
1, Propulsion system
- Rocket propulsion just beyond earth orbit (i.e. Hidrogen - Oxygen tanks)
- Ionic propulstion beyond earth orbit, with slingshot using high gravitational planets in our solar system. I.e. Jupiter / the sun.. etc..
- Nuclear reactor ( or alternative energy source ) to drive the ionic propulsion system
2, Surface penetrator
2,Guiden system Rocket -- Gravity of sun to leave the solar system --- Rotating object,
- Interitial guidence systems are normally built using gyroscopes. Alternatives to be investigated ( mapping of star locations using photo sensors is one idea that comes to my mind )