South Side Bible Church / Updated on September 17, 2020
- Discipleship Group — next Sat September 26 @ 9am.
- Awana — began Mon, Sept 14 from 6-8pm for All kids 3 years to 6th Grade. Please pray for the Directors, Leaders & Leaders-in-Training as they adjust to their new routines and for all the children that attend, that they come to personally know the God that loves them and grow in Him this year!
- Upcoming Meetings — Council: Thu, Sept 17 @ 6:30pm. Deacons: Mon, Oct 12 @ 5:30pm. Elders: Thu, Oct 8 @ 6:30pm.
- Sound System Need — due to the addition of a live streaming ministry and the doubling of our worship services we have a true need for at least 4 new techs. No experience necessary, just a willing spirit!
- Ladies Bible Studies — Next Tues. Study: Sep 29, Fellowship (6:30pm), Bible Study (7pm). Wed. Study: Fellowship (12:30pm), Bible Study (1pm). Continuing our study of the Book of Revelation. Let Cindy B know if you need a book/babysitter. All ladies are welcome to join.
- Harvest Party — at McNally's Sun, Sep 20 from 1-4pm (90 Riverview Ave, BC). Lunch at 1 / Devotional at 2 / Hang out and yard games thereafter. Please Bring: Lawn Chairs, yard games, dish(s) to pass / PR & Katherine will provide hot dogs, brats, buns, drinks & tableware.
- Cleaning Crews Need — As we have worship services in the sanctuary & begin our Awana program, we have some challenges with our cleaning. Currently we have 10 crews, two/wk to do cleaning. That means crews clean every 5wks. If you’re already on the cleaning crew, you are appreciated. If not, because of a concern with Covid, we understand. But if you don't fit into either group, please consider joining us. Call Chris Brown at 269.830.7151 if interested or if you’re currently on the crew & would like to continue. Thank you!
- Library Cards — We have a few library signout cards missing from the following books. If you signed them out, could you let Ruth Yousef know where you put the cards. Thank you! Mandie & the Secret Tunnel (Leppard), Tootie McCarthy Series: The Unexpected Weapon (Griffith) and Elsie Dinsmore Series: Elsie’s Stolen Heart (Finley).
- Morning Service Change — Beginning next Sun, Aug 30 we will be having 2 morning services held in our sanctuary. These will also continue to be live-streamed. A 9:30-10:30am Service will be reserved for those who prefer a fully masked congregation. An 11:00am-12:00pm Service will serve those who prefer the freedom to choose to wear a mask or not and are not concerned whether others around them wear masks.
- Offering — you can give through Givelify by accessing our webpage and looking for the link. It’s easy! south-sidebible.org
- Coronavirus — as our country and community weathers this situation, please be courteous of others. There are a few things we can do to help everyone by limiting the potential spread of this virus. After the service please consider not shaking the pastor’s (or speaker’s) hand, but rather just greet him and each other without that traditional greeting. Wash your hands regularly. Use hand sanitizer regularly. If your kids are sick, please consider keeping them home. If you think you have been exposed to something, self-quarantine. If you think you are personally in a high risk category, self-quarantine. We should not be in fear, but rather live respectfully with each other.
- Harvest Party @ McNallys, Sun 20 (1-4pm)
Schedules (most of these are not taking place…)
- Nursery / Today — na / Next Week — tbd
- Ushers / September 20 — 9:30am Rick Hunter & 11am Andy Rowles / October — 9:30am tbd & 11:00am tbd
- Sound / Today — 9:30am Seth Allabaugh, Josh Andren; 11am Molly McNally
- Church Cleaning / September 19 — Allabaugh / Andren / September 26 — McNally / Wilson / October 3 — tbd / tbd
- Prayer Closet / Today — Roy Hawes / Next Week — Cindy Brown
- Communion / October 4— Jill Petersen
Weekly Budget (September 2020)
Year to Date Giving…
2020 South Side Officers
Deaconesses: Katherine Powers, Chair; Terri Allabaugh, Tina Brown, Cathy de Jong, Irene Gillette, Peggy Gordon, Joy Newby, Jill Petersen
Deacons: Roy Hawes, Chair, Nick Gillette, Jw Harper, Rick Hunter, Hillis Kauffman, Jon Powers, Kevin Waterstradt
Elders: Jeff Hargus, Chair; Pastor Mike Brown, Pastor Rick McNally, Chris Brown, Rich de Jong, Council Chair, Jerry Gillette