South Side Bible Church / Updated on May 28, 2020
- Church Membership — Mike Owens has indicated his desire to become a member at South Side, and we are glad for that. Following our morning service May 31 we will welcome him into our fellowship. If you have been considering becoming a member at South Side, speak to either Pastor Mike or Pastor Rick, they will be happy to show you how easy it is!
- Congratulations — to Josh & Jenny de Jong on the safe arrival of Jubal Martin May 8th, 8lbs 15.2oz and 21.5”. A little brother for Juni B.
- Directory Updates — Bryce & Rachel Bailey: 875 Upton Ave, Springfield, MI 49037. Urieme, Emily, Ruona & Oteme Arijaje: 5555 W 6th St. Apt R2, Lawrence, KS 66049
- Ladies Bible Studies — Virtual Prayer Time (6:30pm) Tue, June 9. Next Tues. (pm) Study is Tue, June 2 Virtual Bible Study (6:30pm). Wed. Study: Virtual Bible Study (1pm) this Wednesday. Contact Cindy if you would like to join.
- Upcoming Meetings — Elders: Thu, June 11 @ 6:30pm. Deacons: Mon, June 15 @ 5:30pm. Council: Thu, June 18 @ 6:30pm.
- Offering — you can give through Givelify by accessing our webpage and looking for the link. It’s easy! south-sidebible.org
- Benevolent Fund — is currently not strongly funded. If you can help with special giving, now is a great time. Or If you’re privy to anyone in our congregation struggling in a financial/physical way, please share that with any Deacon or Deaconess.
- Coronavirus — as our country and community weathers this situation, please be courteous of others. There are a few things we can do to help everyone by limiting the potential spread of this virus. After the service please consider not shaking the pastor’s (or speaker’s) hand, but rather just greet him and each other without that traditional greeting. Wash your hands regularly. Use hand sanitizer regularly. If your kids are sick, please consider keeping them home. If you think you have been exposed to something, self-quarantine. If you think you are personally in a high risk category, self-quarantine. We should not be in fear, but rather live respectfully with each other.
- SSBC Summer Intern — We are looking at taking an intern for the summer; serving in music, worship, youth, etc. As we put together this ministry opportunity, I’d like to ask if you have room to house such a person for 10 weeks this summer (mid-Jun. to mid-Aug.). If you think you might be willing to do this, please let Pastor Rick know. Note: as a church we’d monetarily help you provide food. Hosting an intern is a great thing, and an opportunity to help students interested in ministry be loved & trained in the Lord.
- Discipleship Group — will resume at the first opportunity.
- Library News — you are welcome to sign out any library books during our stay-at-home time if you have a key to the church. Some suggestions: The Left Behind Series (Tim LaHaye), September 11 Series (Karen Kingsbury), Navy Justice Series (Don Brown), the Be Series (Warren Wiersbe). Biographies by Joel of Jerusalem, John Walvoord, Fanny Crosby or Missionary Stories about Steve Saint, Brother Andrew, Garcia Burnham to name a few. Or younger kids books about Haffertee the Hamster, Bob & Larry, Christopher Churchmouse, or older kids books Sister’s in Time, The Lost Books Series (Ted Dekker), Grandma’s Attic. Also available are I Adventures in Odyssey CDs/DVDs. Come check us out! Questions? Contact Cathy de Jong or Ruth Yousef
Schedules (most of these are not taking place…)
- Nursery / Today — na, Next Week — tbd
- Ushers / May — Bryan Bates & Andy Rowles, June — Nick Gillette & Rick Hunter
- Sound / Today — na, Next Week — tbd
- Church Cleaning / May 30 — 4 Ladies & a Mop / C Brown, June 6 — Bates / Layton, June 13 — Allabaugh / Frey
- Prayer Closet / Today — Renee Hill, Next Week — Richard de Jong
- Communion / tbd — Terri Allabaugh
Weekly Budget (May 2020)
Year to Date Giving…
2020 South Side Officers
Deaconesses: Katherine Powers, Chair; Terri Allabaugh, Tina Brown, Cathy de Jong, Irene Gillette, Peggy Gordon, Joy Newby, Jill Petersen
Deacons: Roy Hawes, Chair, Nick Gillette, Jw Harper, Rick Hunter, Hillis Kauffman, Jon Powers, Kevin Waterstradt