We are hiring!
is a small engineering group in Nashville, TN building best-in-class software for clients across the US. Our six person team brings decades of startup and product engineering experience to a handful of carefully picked clients each year. We aim to be a “dream team for hire”, collaborating with our clients to build great software in an environment that gives us the freedom to apply our skills and shape the products we build. In 2022, we worked with , , ,, , and .
We have clients eager to expand their work with us and need help building cool stuff! We’re hiring for a senior software engineer who will lead engineering work on brand new products and solutions, and a junior/mid-level software engineer looking for full-stack mentorship, a flexible work environment and career growth.
About the role
- Develop NodeJS + React applications written in TypeScript
- Work closely with our team and with clients to build and evolve features
- Understand project intent and the needs of users to fill in gaps in product requirements
- Work with cloud-based deployments and application environments like Heroku and Fly.io
- Write automated tests to ensure reliability
- Intellectually curious, passionate, and inventive
- Competency in at least one application framework (like NodeJS, Flask, or Django)
- Experience with modern database engines (MySQL, Postgres)
- Experience using and building RESTful APIs that follow best practices
- Experience iterating with git / modern version control
- Interest in working at a startup or in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to be a strong individual contributor and lead large scale technical projects
- Competitive salary that aligns with experience
- Two Weeks Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Healthcare (or cash equivalent if you have existing coverage)
- Holidays: 7 paid annual holidays
- Paid Parental Leave: 4 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
- Extensive one-on-one mentorship
Our Work Philosophy
Everyone on our team has a passion for engineering and we believe software development is a craft. We get excited about TypeScript, debate the pros and cons of new Swift features, and use code review as an opportunity to learn from each other. We’re pragmatic folks, and often choose “readable and maintainable” over “fast and technically impressive.”
Building products and exciting clients is a great way to feel fulfilled at the end of the day, but work-life balance is important to us. We’ve been through enough startups and big companies to know that burning the midnight oil isn’t healthy for anyone, and on most days the office is empty by 5:30. Outside work, we’re passionate about woodworking, tennis, biking, and spending time with family. Client work cuts in to our weekends once or twice a year as we get ready for major product launches, but we expect this job to require 40-45 hours a week once you’re up to speed.
Email us your resume and a link to your GitHub, LinkedIn or personal website and tell us why you’d be a good fit!
Foundry 376 is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also .