ACESclip Requirements Review and Revision Virtual Working Group
(ARCHIVED - This group is no longer active. This page is here for reference only)
Chris Clark - Working Group Chairman -
Alex Forsythe - ACES Technical Lead -
Steve Tobenkin - ACES Adoption/Comms Lead -
ACESclip VWG Home:
Workspace Home: https://aces.mp/VWG_HOME
ACESclip Requirements VWG Goals
This group is intended to address the following questions:
- What are the user requirements of ACESclip metadata?
- Gather expectations and requirements from prospective users of ACESclip metadata. For example, there is currently a gap in how people can create and share a ‘look’ (e.g. LMT) from on-set through post, as well as how to archive an ACES project with an associated LMT or even essential info such as the ACES version or Output Transforms used. In essence, this will answer the “what should it do” and “what should it not do” questions.
- What software or hardware should create, accept and/or process ACESclip metadata?
- Explore which systems are responsible for the initial creation of ACESclip metadata, based on the requirements gathered above. The requirements above will also indicate what types of software or hardware will need to be able to read (or modify, if required) this metadata. Reach out to manufacturers in these areas to gauge the engineering effort required for implementation, and the form in which the metadata could be stored.
Below are the list of proponents for this work listed on the original proposal form:
- Universal Pictures
- The Walt Disney Studios
- Marvel Studios
- By accessing this site, you agree to abide by the following rules.
- If you post anything, please set your Dropbox name to your actual name or a name we can reasonably identify
- Please do not delete any entries, documents or lists on this site. This site is read only by default. Email the working group chair or staff technical lead if you need access to modify this page.
How the ACES VWG Process Works
If you’re new to our Virtual Working Group structure, please note the following:
- Working Group Meetings are held on GoToMeeting
- Discussions are hosted on ACESCentral.com in the named VWG Discussions category
- Schedules, documents, to-dos, etc. are hosted on the named VWG workspace (i.e. you’re on the Workspace for this group: ACESclip Requirements Review and Revision)
- A list of all the active and past VWGs can be found on the Workspace Home: https://aces.mp/VWG_HOME
VWG Deliverable Document
The next meeting of the ACESclip VWG is scheduled for: NA (This Working Group is no longer Active)
We use GoToMeeting for our conference calls and we record and then post each meeting so the community can review. Instructions for GoToMeeting are here: