Last Updated: March 5, 2019
WHAT INFORMATION VIDEL COLLECTS FROM YOU
Videl collects only the information required to provide products and services to you. The amount of information provided by you and collected by Videl depends on the circumstances. Videl may collect two (2) types of information about you: Personal and Non-Personal.
- “Personal Information.” Personal Information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. An identifiable individual is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that individual. Videl may collect Personal Information when you use the Videl Properties including, without limitation, setting up account information, filling out surveys, corresponding with Videl, or otherwise volunteering information about yourself.
- “Non-Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information refers to information that, by itself, does not identify you as a specific individual (e.g. demographic information or website visitations). Videl may collect Non-Personal Information through any of the methods discussed above as well as automatically through use of industry standard technologies described further below.
HOW VIDEL COLLECTS YOUR INFORMATION
- Registration. Prior to using one or more of the Videl Properties, Videl may require you to provide us with certain Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to create an account (“Account”) or to enable features or functionality of the Videl Properties.
- Users. Videl may gather Personal Information about organizational representatives via various methods (phone, email, online forms, in-person meetings) but only if such Personal Information is submitted voluntarily. Videl may use such Personal Information for sales, marketing, and support of the Videl Properties. This Personal Information is never shared with third parties other than Third Party Service Providers utilized by a User in connection with Videl Services.
- User communications. When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve the Videl Properties.
- Payment Information. When creating an Account, for certain Videl Properties, or when you make online purchases, you may be asked to provide information, which may include your payment instrument number (e.g., credit card), your name and billing address, and the security code associated with your payment instrument (e.g., the CSV) and other financial data (“Payment Information”). We use Payment Information to complete transactions, as well as for the detection and prevention of fraud. When you provide Payment Information while authenticated, we will store that data to help you complete future transactions without your having to provide the information again. We do not, however, retain the security code associated with your payment instrument (e.g., the CSV) in this manner. To remove or modify Payment Information, please contact us. After you close your account or remove Payment Information, however, we may retain your Payment Information for as long as reasonably necessary to complete your existing transaction and for the detection and prevention.
- Information Collected Through Technology. Videl automatically collects and receives certain information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform on the Videl Site, the Videl Software and the Videl Services, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies (see below). If you have an Account, we may link this Non-Personal Information to your Account to better understand your needs and the needs of Users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends, provide services, improve the features and usability of the Videl Properties, and better understand and market to our customers and Users.
- We use technology to automatically gather information by the following methods:
- IP Address. You may visit many areas of the Videl Site anonymously without the need to become a registered User. Even in such cases, Videl may collect IP addresses automatically. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin services with an Internet services provider. Each time you access the Videl Site and each time you request one of the pages of the Videl Site, the server logs your IP address.
- Web Beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in web pages and emails. Videl may use these technical methods in HTML emails that Videl sends to Users to determine whether they have opened those emails and/or clicked on links in those emails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is Personal Information.
- Tracking Content Usage. If you use the Videl Services and you post audio visual materials including, without limitation, videos, links, logos, artwork, graphics, pictures, advertisements, sound and other related intellectual property contained in such materials (collectively, “Content”) to your website or to a third party website, Videl tracks and captures Non-Personal Information associated with User accounts and the use of Content by those that access your Content.
- Information You Provide About a Third Party. You may have the opportunity to communicate with others from the Videl Properties, such as by sending an invitation to a friend. If you choose to take advantage of this functionality, we may ask you to provide us with certain information about the person with whom you wish to communicate (e.g., name, email address, etc.). Videl collects such information for the purposes of facilitating the requested communication, which may contain a specific promotional message from you (e.g., an invitation to watch a video). Unless we explicitly say otherwise, Videl will not use this information for other marketing purposes without first obtaining consent from the person to whom the relevant information pertains. Please be aware that when you use any invitation functionality on the Videl Properties, your email address, name or username, and message may be included in the communication sent to your addressee(s).
HOW VIDEL USES YOUR INFORMATION
- Personal Information. Videl identifies the purpose for which your Personal Information is collected and will be used or disclosed. If that purpose is not listed below, we will identify any additional purposes for which we will collect your Personal Information, before or at the time of collection, and we will obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information for such additional purpose(s).
- By using the Videl Properties, you will be deemed to consent to our use of your Personal Information for the purposes of:
- communicating with you generally;
- processing your purchases;
- processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you;
- protecting against fraud or error;
- providing information or services requested by you;
- administering and managing the Videl Properties and our business operations;
- personalizing your experience with the Videl Site, as well as evaluating statistics on Videl Site activity;
- performing statistical analyses of your behavior and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of the Videl Site;
- communicating with you on other websites;
- email gating;
- delivery of content and information to Third Party Services Providers;
- complying with legal and governmental requirements; and/or
- fulfilling any other purpose that would be reasonably apparent to the average person at the time that we collect it.
- Users utilize Videl Properties to manage and deliver Content to Viewers. As part of this process, Videl may collect Personal Information from you.