Using Keys and Shortcuts in Connecter
Updated December 31th, 2020
This document does not list “common sense” shortcuts (e.g. F2, Ctrl+A for “select all”, etc.)
Connecter desktop app
- Contextual search options: Hover cursor over the Folders panel, Tags panel, or assets view and then use Ctrl+F ();
- Shortcuts in Assets View:
- Shift + drag (on asset hover) to select multiple assets;
- Preview Asset/Selection: Enter;
- Interactive Preview; play animation: Space;
- Tags: Ctrl+T ();
- Open: Ctrl+O;
- Add Preview: Ctrl+P;
- Copy/Paste Connecter Path: Ctrl+Shift+C / Ctrl+Shift+V ();
- Manage External Files: Ctrl+E;
- Isolate Selection: Ctrl+I;
- Tile Image: Shift+T;
- Compare Images: Ctrl+Enter;
- Navigating to folder (after Copy path context command or copy path in Explorer or other): Ctrl+Shift+V;
- Change assets’ thumbnail size: Ctrl+scroll wheel;
- Filtering assets by type: Ctrl+click on a type (e.g. 3d models, Materials, etc.) to make only that filter active. Next Ctrl+click on the same type makes all types active. Same interaction works when filtering file formats in the respective asset type’s dropdown.
- Undo assets selection: Ctrl+Shift+ Z.
- Shortcuts in Lightbox:
- Close Lightbox: Enter; Escape;
- Next / Previous Asset: Right / Left arrows;
- Next / Previous Asset (same type): Shift+Right / Left arrows;
- Next / Previous Asset’s preview: Ctrl+Right / Left arrows;
- Tile Image tool: Shit+T;
- Fullscreen mode on/off: F; Escape (off).
- Tile Image:
- Show Grid on/off: G;
- change X tiling: Ctrl + Right / Left arrows;
- change Y tiling: Ctrl + Up / Down arrows;
- Fullscreen mode on/off: F.
- Video Player:
- Play / Pause: K;
- Fullscreen mode on/off: F;
- Filter single asset type: Ctrl+click ().
- Undo / Redo operation: Ctrl+Z / Ctrtl+Y.
- Enter / Exit folders multi-select mode when mouse is over folders panel: Ctrl+S.
3ds Max integration
- Skip the Merge menu: Hold Ctrl while dropping ()
- Rotate by 90° clockwise: Ctrl ();
- Rotate by 45° clockwise: Hold Shift + click Ctrl;
- Align to selected surface: Click Alt + point at surface + click left mouse button;
- Switch the aligned surface: Hold Shift;
- Cancel: ESC.