UX Testing - External Tester Template
👩🏫 Pre-task questions
- Ask to record session.
- Before I show you the design concepts, I’m going to give you some background and ask you some questions first.
👩🏫 Qualitative questions
- What is your age?
- What is your occupation?
- Can you tell us how often you order food online or using apps?
- What are some of the website/apps you find yourself using regularly?
- How do you decided which apps/websites to use?
- What are some of your favorite things about these websites/apps?
- What are some things that you dislike about these websites/apps?
- What do you order most often when using these websites/apps?
- When do you find yourself typically ordering food online/apps? Time of day? Meal? At the office? At home? Etc.
Thank you for participating in this research study today. My name is _________, and I’m a product designer @ ChowNow. I’ll be walking you through this session.
So as you probably know we’re testing a prototype that we’re working on to see what it’s like for people to actually use it. Also we’re trying to get a better understanding about your experience as an online diner.
A prototype means not everything will be fully functional, but feel free to treat it as if it was. Also note that all numbers, labels, info etc. is likely dummy data and for demo purposes only.
We’re going to run through some scenarios and I’ll be asking you some questions. I want to make it clear that we are testing the design, not you. You can’t do anything wrong. So you don’t have to worry about making mistakes.
We want to hear exactly what you think, so don’t worry about hurting our feelings. We want to improve it so we need your honest thoughts.
As we go along, I’m going to ask you to think out loud. Tell me whats going on in your mind.
Let’s say you’re hungry and want to order lunch from the restaurant H Cafe and you’re going to pick it up. You went to their website and clicked the “Order Now” button and takes you to this screen.