Type III: Week Nine
Plan for the Day
- James Goggin lecture in DC 212 at 1:10p
- Share progress in small groups
- Meet with John about booklet
- Read on branding and discuss with your group
- Look at additional book models and exhibit in GD Commons
- Present research, initial sketches for mark, identity and system
- Present book models, initial designs for book; progress with mark
Due Nov 16: Presentation of progress
Due Nov 30: Revisions to above
Monday, Dec 11, 10am–3p
- Final review with all work from semester digitally available and exhibition project on view
For next week
Present designs for the cover, chapter openers and chapter text. Use the provided.
Read two essays from the Form of the Book Book. “,” by Armand Mevis and “…,” by James Goggin.
Bring in a book and/or make a book model to demonstrate the scale and context of your designs.
Make 16 copies of your booklet for next week.