Symposia’s Identity and Values
Migrated to SymposiaU
We exist to create conversations that inspire people and their organizations to grow.
Drive and Challenge 🚗
We Dream Big and Embrace Challenge
We believe that our team is going somewhere big and we are eager to help get it there. We understand that problems sometimes require unique approaches. We believe that we are capable, and we’re not afraid of getting our hands dirty. Challenging the status quo will not have negative consequences.
- We spend time with clients talking about their marketing dreams and how they can be achieved.
- We are always looking for ways we can improve our skills, our processes, our communication.
- We move smooth and fast and we aren’t afraid of change.
We Have a Growth Mindset ⬆️
Growth is the goal in everything we do; but growth doesn’t always mean growing in size. Growth can mean larger and more, but it also means investing in ourselves and our clients as people. We are committed to providing personal and career growth opportunities to each team member, and we provide coaching to our clients to encourage healthy growth.
- We provide personal development time to our team members to help them flourish in their careers and personal lives.
- With growth can come growing pains, but that’s when we stop to celebrate, heal, and recharge. And then we get right back up and keep going.
- We only work with partners who are as committed to growth as we are and respect our expertise to help grow their organizations through sales and marketing strategy.
Curiosity and Inclusivity 🌈
We Are Lifelong Learners and Teachers
We embrace a mindset of constantly learning new things, whether it’s a new skill or certification, or having conversations with people that have different perspectives or opinions. But we don’t keep any knowledge to ourselves — our goal is to teach and share at every opportunity.
- We enjoy asking and answering the question, “Have you thought about doing it this way instead?”
- We like taking classes, listening to podcasts, or reading about our industry. 🦻
- We aren’t afraid to admit what we don’t know. It’s faster to just ask a question than to pretend we know something we don’t.
We’re committed to cultivating a diverse, equal, and just workplace
We’re not perfect, but we are always pursuing diversity and equality in our workplace. Our goal is to surround ourselves with people who are different from us so we don’t get too comfortable.
- We have a workplace that equally supports men and women in leadership. 🥳
- We are willing to have different opinions so we can push each other to learn and grow.
- We don’t micromanage — Usually we’re more productive at home or at a coffee shop than in a giant office full of distractions (plus we’d rather skip the commute).
Radical Candor 💪
We Care About The People Around Us
We care about our communities and want to see them thrive. We care about our neighbors and want to see them succeed. We care about our teammates and want to see them soar. Our organization is only as good as the people in it.
- We invest in local non-profits within our community.
- We strive to put people before profit.
- We do the hard work of self-care because we thrive most when we’re healthy.
- We stop to celebrate the wins. Striving and challenging is great, but celebrations are some of the best parts of life.