South Side Bible Church / Updated July 2, 2020
NOTE: To place new requests on the prayer chain, please send them to email@example.com
Most Recent Requests and Updates
- Stephen Yousef (Naz & Ruth’s son) — has been struggling with dangerously low platelets since March. Praise, his counts went up slightly this week! Pray the treatments continue to work & his counts go back up to normal. Thank you for your prayers!!
- Tom Hill (Terry & Renee’s son) — 2nd & 3rd degree burns following a bonfire accident. Improving slowly. Continue to pray for healing, no infection & relief from pain. Married 6/6.
- Jayne Brady (former SSBC member) — in hospice (TX) due to kidney failure. In her final days.
- Phyllis Lawson — shoulder replacement surgery 6/23 went well.
- Jill (Dan and Peggy’s daughter-in-law) — was in hospital due to dizziness, now home. Has a virus that is attacking her inner ear. Going to balance clinic for treatments. Pray for complete healing as she needs help walking, etc.
- Mike Frey — having 9 more chemo sessions.
- Lenz Family — hoping to return to PNG mid-Aug. Waiting for passports & paperwork. Pray they can say goodbye to family/friends in person. In Missouri. Also their home in PNG has been infested with rats. Pray for their co-workers who are cleaning up the mess left by the rats.
- Roquetta (Keeta) Auton (Steve’s mom) — passed away 6/13. Please pray for the family as they have suffered many difficult losses in the past few years.
- Frankie & Kori Chapa — complete healing for Frankie. Kori: doctor says no cancer in bony growth on brow, it could be causing headaches, recommends removing it.
Requests from the Last Month
- Bev Liebrandt — passed away 6/1. Memorial service was 6/5 at Fort Custer. Be in prayer for her family.
- Kathy (Becky Dosh’s mom) — had heart catheterization 6/3 & it went well. 3 stents were put in. Also seeing a sleep center. Improving. Pray for her salvation.
- Jim Hall — orders to minister to soldiers in Lansing, Flint, Detroit & Grand Rapids setting up field hospitals was extended to 6/24. Pray for protection & opportunity to share that God’s peace & comfort can be theirs personally.
- Jared & Heather Vaden — moved to BC and Jared is packing bookstore at the school. They plan to move to MO this fall to continue their missionary training. Increased support needed.
- Shirley Townsend — has a broken ankle.
- Rick Hunter’s Dad — having numerous health problems after falling.
- Deanna Pastor — has Follicular Lymphoma. Began chemo 2/25 and a spinal fluid treatment 2/28. Repeated every 21 days. Pray for strength, peace & positivity.
- SSBC Missionaries — a number of our missionaries are in need of additional financial support at this time. Pray that their needs are met.
- Rick Dosh — passed away 4/10. Pray for Becky, Austin & Abby at this difficult time. Rick will be greatly missed here at South Side.
- Doris Tice — passed away 4/14. Be in prayer for Doris’ family & all the friends here at South Side who will miss her dearly.
- Pastor Mike — fell 4/4 and hurt his back. Pray for healing and relief from the pain.
- Sue Read — passed away 3/23. Be in prayer for Mike & his boys.
- Brad Johnston — Pray for complete recovery & continued strength. Beginning treatment to help his immune system. Peace for Cindy.
- Kristi Miller—depleted immune system & other health problems & symptoms that need to be addressed. Pray for strength & energy.
- Kellogg’s — for those who have been affected by the cuts/changes at Kellogg’s.
- Christy Hughes (Gwen Holladay’s Kidney Recipient) — cancer but growing in the Lord. For God’s healing & for her husband Bruce.
- Eric Goldsmith (son of Dan & Sharon) — APL Leukemia. Rehab & chemo. For healing.
- Robin McNally — AL Leukemia. Treatment continues. Pray for special protection at this time.
Our Service Men and Women
Our Service Men & Women — Laura Beach, Frankie Chapa, Brandon/Tena de Jong, Heidi Fouty, Matt/Leanna Gordon (WA), Jim Hall, Andy Layton, Megan/Kevin Sweitzer (OH), Josh Waterstradt (KW), Zeke Wieland, Dillon Wilkins (HI).