Sean Korten README
I did an AMA! Check it out here:
My Home Office Setup
This is my setup for working from home. I assembled this kit in 2016 and 2017 before joining Armory. Below is a list of links to all the things still available for purchase. I would absolutely recommend everything on this list:
- Jabra Speak 410 USB https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SHJIO2/
- This is the single best bit of kit I have. I have Zoom/Hangouts/Slack configured to use this for input (mic) and output (voice) and it works fantastic. Everything else goes through the JBLs and I can mute that independently.
- Asus PB278Q 27” WQHD monitors https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B009C3M7H0/
- These are 2k IPS displays with a fantastic picture, and the MBP can drive them both easily (doesn’t slow down the laptop)
- AmazonBasics 4 Port USB hub https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DQFGH80/
- EZM Basic Dual Monitor Mount stand https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001HHNCQY/
- Smatree Ajustable Jaws Flex Clamp https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MWNYGUS/
- For the Logitech C920 to mount in between the two monitors.
- Logitech Illuminated Keyboard K740 https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B001F51G16/
- I remapped the Alt key to the Command key, and Windows key to the Alt key
- Logitech MX Master Wireless Mouse https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DHDFW5V/
- AmazonBasics Mid-Back Desk Chair https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IIFW2L4/
- Going to replace this eventually with a Herman-Miller
- Standdesk with 30”x60” bamboo top and cable tray https://www.standdesk.co/
I really dislike messy cabling, so I made extensive use of zip-ties to bundle up most of the cables (highly recommend this). They are cheap to buy in bulk so if I want to move something I snip them and just use a new one.