Sauna Best Practices - For Covid
Here is what AQS – Association Québécoise des spas is recommending to their members -
At all times and for all your activities, the integration and respect of the essential criteria issued by Public Health is essential:
1. Physical distance of 2 meters. (Pools and saunas)
2. Hygiene measures: hand washing / disinfection.
3. Installation of protective equipment when the situation requires it.
4. Cleaning and disinfection of equipment and premises.
5. Promote respiratory etiquette.( Signage)
Spa Nordik and other Quebec based spas have created a working group specifically dedicated to responding to COVID-19 and to implementing the recommendations of the public health authorities. They are collaborating with the industry at large to produce the highest safety standards worldwide and have thoroughly examined each aspect of the spa experience – from the time you make your reservation to the time you leave the spa – and made the necessary adjustments to ensure safety. Below are a list of practices they have put in place:
- In an effort to reduce unnecessary contact and create a touchless experience, guests are required to make a reservation either online or by phone for all our services; walk-ins are no longer accepted. Guests will also be required to pay in advance, at the moment of booking.
- Guests are required to confirm:
- They are not experiencing any of the COVID-19 symptoms (including, but not limited to, recent or exacerbated chronic cough, difficulty breathing, sudden loss of smell without nasal congestion and with or without loss of taste, muscle pain, intense fatigue, diarrhea)
- Have not travelled outside the country in the last 14 days
- Are not waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test
- Have not been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- That they are in good health before they are able to make a reservation. They will also be asked to confirm the state of their health upon arrival.
- A new relaxed has been implemented; modifications can be made to reservations the day before for any reason.
Check-In: Screening Process
- Upon arrival, guests will be greeted by an attendant who will assess their health including a mandatory temperature check.
- Nordik reserves the right to refuse entry to guests exhibiting symptoms of any kind.
- Once guests have completed the screening process, they will be instructed to carefully and thoroughly wash their hands and use sanitizer before entering the spa to complete the registration process.
- Guests must take a shower before the thermal experience. We will provide towels and bathrobe.
- To help us maintain physical distancing measures on site, please arrive a maximum of 15 minutes early for your appointment.
- Site occupancy has been significantly reduced to allow guests to maintain physical distancing.
- Reservation schedules have been adjusted to better control the flow of guests checking in at any given moment.
- The occupancy of our services is actively monitored and limited.
- Protective screens have been installed at our service counters.
- Our employees wear a mask at all times while working.
- All guests are required to wear a mask.
- Front desk staff will remind you that it is mandatory to wear it when you move around, inside the spa and in enclosed areas on site and where distancing is not possible.
- In saunas, relaxation rooms, gazebos or yurts, and in our dining areas, we ask that you wear the mask until you take a bench or seat. These are arranged or identified to maintain the recommended distance. You will then be able to remove your mask when you are comfortably seated. You will need to put it back on when you leave the space.
- The facepiece or face cover must be accompanied by other protective measures to maximize its protection. Hand sanitizing stations are available to ensure frequent hand washing.
- Contactless check-in kiosks have been installed.
- Automatic doors have been installed.
- Antibacterial door handles have been installed.
- All receipts will be provided via email.
- Payments in cash are no longer accepted; guests will be asked to pay by credit, debit, or preauthorized electronic wristbands.
- Personal bathrobes are no longer permitted.
- Self-service stations (such as water and tea stations) have been removed.