The best way to start is to read this document, then join the and say hello! We’ll help you from there.
By the end of the impl period, we should:
- Support per-test paths instead of --test-args: ./x.py test ./src/test/compile-fail/issue-41255.rs should just work.
- Utilize Cargo more than we do today
- @Aaron T will reach out to see if we can get experimental std-aware and libtest-aware Cargo during the impl period
- Fix existing issues
- Implement testing for at least portions of the build system (integration tests are likely, though not preferable)
- Review & rework host/build/target distinction into something more readily understandable: librustc target (full compile) vs libstd target.
- Skip stage 0 in most local configurations
- Look into possible time savings by compiling less
Open work items
- This can be a link to a github search (e.g. “impl period milestone + E-mentored”)
- It can also include manually-curated items
- Utilize build scripts to declare dependencies instead of wiping out directories
Completed work items
- Group these by date for making a summary of work done (every two weeks or so)