Rust cookbook: WG starting point
The best way to start is to read this document, then join the and say hello! We’ll help you from there.
The is “a collection of simple examples that demonstrate good practices to accomplish common programming tasks, using the crates of the Rust ecosystem.”
As part of the we’ve been bulking up the cookbook, making examples for the crates taking part in the Blitz.
We’ll be working to develop some “meta” materials:
The major goal of this working group is to complete a first edition of the cookbook. To do that, we need to achieve several subgoals.
- Complete the currently-requested .
- Add more examples
- Add examples from additional “core” crates (TBD)
- Brainstorm and organize on: +Cookbook: complete recipe list
- Decide on a for the book.
- Rework the to allow for easier at-a-glance navigation.
- Perform an overall editing pass, tightening up the existing material, consolidating examples, and making things more consistent.
- This might result in a short “style guide” to help keep things consistent. Working doc here: +Cookbook: style guide
- Decide on an overall vision for what crates/kinds of examples should be included in the long term.
- Drafting at +Cookbook: inclusion policy
There is an ample set of that provide a good starting point for getting involved; give a shout out on Gitter and/or a comment on the issue(s) you plan to work on!
Work toward the more cross-cutting goals above should be coordinated .
This tracks work done as part of the WG only; there’s lot more activity going on externally!
- j-haj — indexing/search
- maybe you??