Ruby Dev (NodeJS, Golang) Needed
🇸🇬 Singapore Office
We are Buuuk – a Design led & experienced software Development studio from Singapore. For the past 10 years we have been working with the biggest brands in the region like Daimler (Mercedez), Scoot, Singtel, Starhub, Tupperware, DB Schenker, American Express and many more.
Together, we work hard to solve problems & create the best solutions for our clients.
We are looking for a Back-End Engineer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end (web apps or mobile apps). You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Design and build back-end applications for client projects following requirement specifications
- Maintain proper running of existing back-end applications
- Implementation of security and data protection (so that these systems pass external security audits)
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
This is a permanent position based out of our Singapore office.
- 3 - 5 years experience in back-end programming language Ruby and optionally Go or NodeJS
- You are experienced in cloud computing platform preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies eg (IAM, EC2, RDS, Route 53, Cloudfront, etc)
- You are experienced in Linux (Ubuntu LTS) as back-end server platform eg provisioning new server, installing various open source packages, etc.
- Experience in Docker technologies and AWS Lambda will be a plus
- You understand accessibility and security compliance
- A competitive salary
- Contribution to medical expenses/insurance
- A friendly and international working environment.
- Be one of the first to start the brand new Buuuk Singapore office.
- A team where everyone shares the responsibility equally.
- A team that takes responsibility seriously and is always learning.
- Work with one of the best teams in the region.
- A working culture that we're proud of — take a look at our .
Buuuk is made of and built by people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, religion, colour, or any other such groups — nor do we tolerate the same.
How to apply:
Send CV and portfolio - links to apps you have worked on or GitHub profile will great.
Get in touch with us over email
Cheers and good luck!
The Buuuk Team