Quad Operator 1.0.2 Update Instructions
This update is recommended for all users! More information on the issues this resolves is available here: https://discourse.humble.audio/t/quad-operator-1-0-2-firmware-was-shape-1-input-affecting-oscillator-3-pitch/19/10
- Download the latest firmware update .zip file and unzip it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eq7lpb7d512oq7m/quadop_v1.0.2_update.zip?dl=0
- Attach the Quad Operator to your computer with a micro USB cable.
- Please ensure your Quad Operator is attached to power bus as in normal operation (the micro USB cable will not power the module). Algo expander users may have their Algo attached or unattached to the Quad Operator, it makes no difference to the firmware update.
- Restart the Quad Operator in SYSBOOT mode so that it will accept firmware updates:
- Press and hold the SYSBOOT and RESET buttons on the back of the module.
- While holding the SYSBOOT button for a moment longer, release the RESET button.
- Run the update command file for your OS. Within the folder created when unzipping the update .zip file, there is a subfolder for each of Windows and Mac OS. To run the update…
- For Windows—double click the .cmd file or copy-paste its contents into the .
- For Mac OS—double click the .command file
- For Linux or other Unix-like—the command presented in the Mac OS .command file can be used with a proper install for your OS (your OS’s package manager may already have a build of dfu-util available)
- Check whether the operator outputs stay in tune when controlled via “1v / oct” in lock mode, and “ratio x” in free mode. You may need to re-run the calibration procedure after some firmware updates.
Understanding the Update Script Transript
When you run the update script, the printed output is often long and confusing to understand. It may reference errors that occurred and other misleading information. Here’s an example below. In bold, you’ll see the keep piece of information to look for in that transcript, particularly the words “File downloaded successfully”. Despite what else you might see in the transcript, your firmware update succeeded if you see those words toward the end (even if you see errors in the transcript after those words).
Copyright 2005-2008 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2012 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to
Filter on vendor = 0x0000 product = 0xdf11
Opening DFU capable USB device… ID 0483:df11
Run-time device DFU version 011a
Found DFU: [0483:df11] devnum=0, cfg=1, intf=0, alt=0, name="@Internal Flash /0x08000000/04032Kg,01128Kg,07*256Kg"
Claiming USB DFU Interface…
Setting Alternate Setting #0 …
Determining device status: state = dfuERROR, status = 10
dfuERROR, clearing status
Determining device status: state = dfuIDLE, status = 0
DFU mode device DFU version 011a
Device returned transfer size 2048
No valid DFU suffix signature
Warning: File has no DFU suffix
DfuSe interface name: "Internal Flash "
Downloading to address = 0x08000000, size = 120056
File downloaded successfully
Transitioning to dfuMANIFEST state
Error during download get_status