NewsDeck: News Aggregation
People who are overwhelmed by the amount of information they are asked to consume on daily basis (ie Everybody?)
- Allows users to set preferred and blocked sources.
- Users can add and remove tags and topics.
- Clean presentation.
- Requires active user involvement to tailor experience
- Can not clear items from your feed.
- Encourages consumption of more news not less.
- Allows you to follow topics and publications
- Not platform agnostic
- Bizarre Hierarchy
- Limited organization options
- Organization and search prevalent
- Consistent presentation of content
- Promotes engagement with content
- Limited management of sources and topics
Astro makes very effective use of machine learning progressively enhance the user experience
Inbox makes content more actionable and offers a goal oriented experience.
Forces users to interact with the content by concealing additional content until the current is acted upon
Atom’s dark theme and vibrant splashes of color allow the interface to fade into the background and the content becomes the focus
The approach and focus of the experience changes between platforms. Also, it presents content as a conversation in which the user can either engage or move on.
To reduce the feeling of information overload for users by treating news more like mail, allowing user to manage their news feeds the way they would their inbox.