Multiverse — License Installation
There are two types of Multiverse software packages:
- 30 Days Trial “Public” Packages — these are the packages for both “Trial” and “Indie” and they are distributed to anyone through . They will work for the first 30 days from the build release date and also print a rendering watermark (random spheres).
- An “Indie” license will extend the validity and remove the watermark for 1 year.
- The Indie license is node-locked (tied to the machine network card).
- “Pro” Packages — These builds are exclusively distributed to clients:
- → Pro Downloads (password)
- NOTE — Floating builds always require a license.
For licenses and further informations please contact us at
Multiverse uses J Cube’s own licensing system called “Pulsar", which is named after the astronomical object:
- pul·sar ˈpəlˌsär/ noun, ASTRONOMY
- a celestial object, thought to be a rapidly rotating neutron star, that emits regular pulses of radio waves and other electromagnetic radiation at rates of up to one thousand pulses per second.
Pulsar handles both node-locked (“Indie”) and Floating Licenses:
- Node-Locked Licenses — We also refer to as “Indie” licenses. Indie licenses do not require a license server running. They are tied (locked) to a specific machine Host ID.
- Floating Licenses — They are spawned to your network by the pulsar license server typically residing on your license server at /path/to/multiverse-distribution/bin/pulsard.
- Any client machine in the network will be able to grab a license as long as:
- it can ping the hostname/IP of the license server
- the pulsard license server is actually running and some licenses are installed
- there are available licenses
Product-wise, there are two types of Multiverse licenses:
Type of License
- Note — All Multiverse Licenses are “per-host”, this means you can launch as many instances of the DCC App (e.g. Maya) or the renderer (e.g Arnold, 3Delight NSI) from the same machine, and still use 1 single license.
Node Locked “Indie” Licenses
Obtain a Node-Locked (“Indie”) License
Start by purchasing a Node-Locked “Indie” license from our website → http://multi-verse.io/buy
- Note — Anyone can download the latest version from our public Trial version.
- Customers of Indie Licenses can access older Indie Builds on our website:
- http://multi-verse.io → Support Link (top Right)→ Indie Downloads (password)