🕘 Meeting notes: RLS 1.0 + 2.0 branding/strategy
Apr 17, 2019
firstname.lastname@example.org, Nicholas Matsakis, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Should we create WG-RLS-1.0? Why (not)?
- What is the relation between RLS 1.0 and 2.0 and how it should be perceived?
- Key question: when do we expect RLS2 to be generally useful?
- Latency is the main pain point for RLS1.0, but there might be others
- Lack of manpower/initiative to support RLS 1.0 (also for 2.0, especially for design)
- Sharing/librafication might help against duplication of effort
- Possibility of creating a “1.0-2.0 bridge”
- Branding effects: RLS 2.0 is new and shiny, might distract contributors from RLS 1.0
- Run a survey
- Consult with community team what data might be useful and how best to run the survey