🕘 Meeting notes: Machine Learning WG
- Charlie Beckler
- John Shreck
- Longer term updates
- Personal updates
- Pangeo NASA proposal accepted! 1 hire @ carbon plan to produce software and develop applications.
- Jeff: snakemake hyper-parameter search
- Zac Flamig (AWS open data team)
- AI Institute
- tools: scons
- Ray Bell (Royal Caribbean Data scientist)
- developer xskillscore
- Using Argo as a container-centric (kubernetes-specific) workflow language
- Looking at parquet for storage
- Any xarray / zarr datasets to SQL-like bigquery thing?
- Kartothek is built on top of parquet on object storage: https://tech.blueyonder.com/introducing-kartothek/
- Joe: DNA-like dataset
- Zac: Athena - SQL front-end backed by different storage backends.
- AMS Annual is virtual. Abstract Deadline August 24, AI conference. Relevant sessions:
- aI for climate applications
- blending ai with wx and climate models
- open datasets for ai research and applications
- python frameworks for reproducible communicable
- using hpc to accelerate ML
- talk today at 3 EDT, by Jon Weyn (UW) “S2S forecasting using large ensembles of data-driven global weather prediction models”
- Thursdays NOAA STAR sessions:
- KDD (virtual august 23-27)
- Deep Learning for Science School: https://dl4sci-school.lbl.gov/
- How to make pangeo work better for ML?
- need example