🕘 Meeting notes: Machine Learning WG
- David John Gagne
- Douglas Rao
- Alec Engall
- Alec: Air Force ML Efforts
- Operationalizing MIT LL global synthetic weather radar
- Panhelio for space weather
- A new precip nowcasting paper from DeepMind out last week - https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-021-03854-z#citeas
- MIT LL SEVIR Dataset: https://sevir.mit.edu/
- NOAA AI Workshop
- Getting recordings online
- Survey coming
- What does AI Ready mean?
- Making NOAA data easier to read for AI, analysis, visualization
- AI Education materials
- NOAA putting together templates
- NCAR working on datasets and tutorials
- How to sustain production of AI education materials
- Joe Hamman
- Tom Augspurger
- Zac Flamig
- Jon Schreck
- Douglas Rao
- Jim Bednar
- Tom: landcover classification workshop at ESIP summer meeting: https://github.com/TomAugspurger/esip-summer-2021-geospatial-ml
- Joe: gearing up for some new Xbatcher work. Released 0.1 last week. Dataset loaders for pytorch and tensorflow come next.
- Zac: a few new datasets on AWS public datasets (NOAA-GMGSI, NOAA-CDR-Atmospheric)
- Jon: wrapping up projects at NCAR, atmospheric chemistry NN problem,
- Douglas: Working on NOAA workshop that is happening in September, hackathon the week before, possible slot for Pangeo tutorial?
- Jim: NASA Pangeo-ML reporting. Gave Datashader talk at Coiled and HoloViz tutorials at ESIP and SciPy.
- NOAA workshop (https://2021noaaaiworkshop.sched.com/)
- tutorials (week of Sept. 7-10)
- hackathon (wildfire, heatwave, climate emulation) (week of Sept. 7-10)
Rescheduled from US Independence Day holiday on Monday, July 5?