Jennifer Hollett | All Presentations
(Click arrows to expand descriptions)
Innovation | Working, Living, Tech
The future is here. While there may not be flying cars, self-driving vehicles are already hitting the roads and very powerful computers are in our pockets. Technology is often associated with coding and automation, but anyone can embrace the spirit and shift of tech. COVID-19 has pushed us into remote work, made possible by a range of technology. This presentation highlights how embracing new tools and ideas can shift an organization’s culture.
- New pathways to incorporate tech in your day-to-day work.
- How to grow a skillset that encompasses creativity, agile learning and problem solving.
Engagement | The Power of Conversation
Hashtags highlight the power of social media to shift culture and create change by bringing people together. A hashtag is more than a way to follow a conversation online; it’s a way to connect with people. In this presentation, learn about the history of hashtag movements, social media listening, and larger opportunities from conversations in your work.
- Different social platforms for different purposes.
- How to shift from broadcast to engagement in communication.
- Lessons from social media for face to face conversations.
Leadership | How To Be More Persuasive
Everyday we're placed in situations that require the ability to influence another person or group. It could be a business meeting, a political or issues driven campaign, even a personal conversation. While many of us think a pile of facts should do the trick, there is actually an art and science to persuasion. Drawn from Jennifer's work on the teaching team of Harvard Kennedy School's persuasion course, this presentation dives deeper into the proven principles and techniques of effective persuasion. This presentation is ideal for all levels of an organization: from C-Suite leadership teams to entry level employees. The insights provided by Jennifer can be applied to various types of communication: from public speaking to one-on-one interactions, from online video to branded tweets & more.
- The 10 proven, key principles of persuasion.
- The salience chart to understand the other party’s point of view.
- How to make a presentation, pitch, or conversationmore effective.
Productivity & Self-Care | JOMO: The Joy Of Missing Out
The average person now checks their smartphone an average of 52 times, a day! From text messages, email, social media, apps, using the camera, the ever-connected nature can be overwhelming. In many cases, the root cause is the desireto avoid FOMO: the Fear Of Missing Out. Could you go a day or a week without your phone, embracing JOMO: the Joy Of Missing Out? This counterintuitive presentation looks at how to disconnect from devices, to be able to reconnect to work and our larger lives. Presenter Jennifer Hollett spends most of her time online, but embraces digital breaks on vacation and other tricks throughout the day.
- How JOMO can help employees focus and be more productive
- Self care tips by setting personal and professional boundaries to improve mental health
- Mobile phone hacks to be more proactive, not reactive at work and life
Storytime for Adults
We are our stories. Stories teach us about who we are and the world around us. The are powerful, memorable, and sharable. In this session, Jennifer shares her experience as a broadcast journalist and public narrative work with Harvard professor Marshall Ganz, to highlight the power of storytelling in business, politics, and campaigns. Learn the power of storytelling, to tell your own story before someone else does it for you.
- The power of your personal story and the ability to tell it
- How to harness the stories of your clients and community
- Opportunities to share your story in the media and on social media
Workshop | Using Social Media for Movement Building
Take a quick look around and you’ll see everyone is on their phones. As a cross-platform journalist, Hollett explains how to use social media to engage grassroots supporters. She shows you how to grow your audience through both traditional & social media platforms.
- The strategic opportunities & tactics presented by Twitter, YouTube, and blogs.
- How to tailor your messaging to improve the appeal for traditional media.
Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram Live Broadcast
Take part in a live Twitter video discussion with Jennifer on the hot topics with your audiences. Broadcast a live event or a host a Q&A. By going live on Twitter at industry events, special launches, or product tutorials, you can give people a sneak peek of what your brand is really like. Jennifer is comfortable not just talking to a live audience, but has tremendous skills to interact with them and boost your overall engagement.