Location: Where ever you love to live & travel
Contact: Mike @
Joy Labs is growing our completely distributed team to help us in creating technology that lets others develop the world’s software. We are looking for our first Product teammate to lead product discovery, validation, planning, and launch strategies. This teammate is an experienced product leader who has demonstrated success managing products from ideation, prototyping, and ultimately bringing them to market.
As a Product Teammate at Joy Labs, you will take a leadership role in working with customers and the labs team to validate products in the earliest of stages and bring them to market. You’ll be hands on working with design, growth and engineering peers to execute timely opportunity discovery, market research, product design, prototyping, and product delivery to launch.
You’re passion to identify product-market fit, excitement for lean innovation approaches, and comfort with ambiguity is critical. If you’re passionate about being part of a team that is focused on continual learning and adaptation to be the best in the world at developing and delivering products, you could be a fit!
We are a team of 10 super passionate teammates who’ve come together to solve problems we’ve discovered in our time leading teams and building products and experiences at scale across multiple companies including - IPO Nov. 2017, Acquired by (NYSE:TWLO) for 3B, , , , , , and others.
Some light background here: https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/joy-labs
- 5+ years experience in product management
- Ability to prioritize well and drive excellence in planning and execution
- Strong experience in working with conceptual and early stage products
- Experience working with developer centric customers and APIs
- Experience with digital communications tools and channels, including web sites, email campaigns, and and social media
- A passion to solve customer problems, with strong engagement and interview skills
- Experience working hand-in-hand with a product designer teammate
- Goal oriented, ability to identify and measure key metrics for visibility and learning
- Comfortable with data and analytical thinking
- Highly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional, distributed team
- Ability to conduct timely and thorough competitive analyses and market research
- A belief in, and alignment with the Joy Labs values (see below)
What you’ll do:
- Launch new disruptive products!
- Work hand-in-hand with customers to ensure our products and features provide real, continued value.
- Drive problem and solution validation, prototyping and launching of products to market.
- Drive processes to understand market opportunity and customer demand.
- Design and lead the roadmap for one or more products.
- Drive and support the positioning, pricing, and packaging of one or more products
- Guide and leverage a repeatable approach for product validation techniques to support rapid validation and delivery of our products.
- Partner with product design to perform customer interviews and execute product experiments.
- Partner with product growth to understand market opportunity and customer demand.
- Define roadmaps for engineering teammates to build, scale and launch SaaS products.
- Quickly learn and become an expert with Jobs to be Done along with identifying target personas for new company and product concepts.
- Lead teammates through periodic, focused sprint cycles aimed to support product and feature decisions.
About Joy Labs
Joy Labs is passionate about powering the innovation and network that develops the world’s software. And, we are always pushing the boundaries of science and happiness. Our values are based on the word HAPPY. These should allow us to find our flow and be part of something bigger than ourselves, and should allow members (you?) to experience positive thoughts. Each letter of the word HAPPY has a meaning: