Intro to GraphQL
April 12-13, 2023
Shortlink to this document:
Points of Contact:
- Simon Sturmer <email@example.com> - Instructor
- Maddisen Tingey <firstname.lastname@example.org> - Project Manager
You should be familiar with the following:
- Modern or
- Basics of HTTP and REST
- and asynchronous programming
- Basic proficiency with
Links for this class
- Demo GraphQL Server
- Demo GraphQL Server with React frontend
Labs, Exercises and Examples
Use the GraphQL playground from the demo GraphQL server (below). Your objective is to write a query to get the list of tasks. Each task should include id, title and some details about the user that task belongs to (user’s id, name).
- Start (remember to hit the “Open in new tab” button in the upper right)
Building a simple GraphQL server using Node and Apollo.
Write a tasks resolver that will return all the tasks.
Adding a resolver for a single task.
Write resolvers for users.