How do I take my proctored exam?
- Click “Schedule Your Exam” on the course exam page.
Clicking this will bring you to our exam proctor’s website, which will be the dashboard where you can access all of your exam needs: scheduling, rescheduling, starting the test, etc. Our proctoring is done by Examity.
- If it’s your first proctored exam with Examity, you’ll have to fill out your profile before you can schedule your exam.
Fill out the Time Zone and upload any photo of yourself - a professional photo, a selfie, etc. This can be a selfie or any photo you have available on your computer.
- Next, check the requirements of your computer by clicking the “Computer Requirements Check” link at the top of the page.
This test takes about 60 seconds and will make sure that your computer is all set for the exam.
- Schedule a time that works for you!
Go back to the dashboard and click “Schedule Exam.” This will bring you to a page where you can select your exam time.
In order to get to the calendar, you’ll need to follow these steps:
a. Set “Instructor Name” to Blaise Timco.
b. Set “Course Name” to the course exam you’re about to take.
c. Set “Exam Name” to Course Assessment.
Use the calendar to pick a day and time that works for you and click “Schedule.” Follow the steps to confirm your appointment.
You can use the time before your scheduled exam to take some of our practice tests. These will help you know which areas you’ve got down and which ones you should work on.
We also recommend looking over the Course Study Guide that you received in your email, which contains the summary chapters for each level.
- Get ready for the test
There are a few steps you should take to get you and your computer ready for proctoring:
- Make sure you have a clean, uncluttered desk area
- Close all browser windows and tabs except the ones you need for proctoring
- Get your government-issued ID ready for the proctor to check
- Get a calculator, pencil, and scratch paper ready
- Use a laptop or desktop computer to
Unfortunately, proctoring is not supported from a phone or tablet, so you’ll need to use a laptop or desktop computer to take the test.
When you’re ready to take your test, go to the dashboard. Make sure the right course is selected and click “Resume Course.” You should do this 10-15 minutes before your scheduled exam time.
- Connect to your proctor
Go back to the proctoring page of the course and click “Connect to Proctor.” This will take you out to the proctoring website.
- Start the exam process
You’ll be taken back the same page where you scheduled your exam. This time, click the “Start Exam” button.