- Devpost Link: https://hackdefi.devpost.com/
- Timing: 10/20 - 11/20 (Now 12/4)
- Examples of
- Announcement / Promotion Resources: +HackDefi Promo Copy
- Joe to handle overview, engineering request, judging criteria @Joseph B
- Tailor Overview
- Connect with epd for what they want to see built
- Finalize Judging Criteria
- List of example DeFi projects
- List of Blockstack resources
- @Shannon V to work on judges and community outreach, rules, and adding info to Devpost. Diwaker eng request sheet - judge, review HackDefi.
- @Louise I to look for relevant DeFi Communities for further distribution
The explosion of DeFi in the last year or two has been spectacular to see. People finally putting their crypto to work! At Blockstack, we love the crypto economic magic that goes on behind the scenes in DeFi and are working to bring that to the Bitcoin ecosystem.
Upon the release of and the implementation of (Blockstack’s smart contract language), it will be possible to move Bitcoin from the BTC chain to the Stacks Chain and program it to bring Bitcoin into the DeFi ecosystem. Imagine pulling 2% of the current Bitcoin market cap, this could grow larger than the current DeFi ecosystem's overall market cap!
We’re setting the stage for decentralized finance using Bitcoin with our next installment of the . The hackathon will leverage open source software and decentralized networks to transform traditional financial products into trustless and transparent solutions without intermediaries. Come and join #HackDefi to work on the endless possibilities for hacking on Defi with Bitcoin. We look forward to seeing your DeFi applications!
🪓 What are you building?
(need input from Engineering)
🕵️♀️ Possible Judges:
- Nik, CTO of MakerDAO - email@example.com
Exchanges and Liquidity
- Daniel Wang, LoopRing - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Someone from Algorand -
- Aaron and/or Ludo from PBC
- Someone from Chainlink
Lending and Borrowing
- Someone from UniSwap
- YearnFinance, Andre Cronje
- Stake Fish, Julia Grebenshchikova or Chun Wang - to get back to Louise tomorrow
- ✅ Mohak Agarwal (CONFIRMED)
- - Running 30+ validator nodes on 10+ networks, Wolfedge Capital -