Draft Eventbrite Description for Agile Fluency Gathering US 2019
AGILE FLUENCY GATHERING 2019
Build your skills as a coach in our annual Agile Fluency Gathering! Strengthen your ability to help teams and organizations. Bring your experiences, your questions, and your new ideas to contribute to the conversations. Learn more about the full Agile Fluency Suite. Come ready to engage with others on their Agile Fluency journeys.
The Agile Fluency Model describes how agile teams typically progress as they develop new capabilities. But how can you use the Agile Fluency Model to influence organizations?
Join the authors of the Agile Fluency Model and a group of leading Agile practitioners as we spend two -three days exploring concrete answers to this question!
The Agile Fluency Gathering is a two-day event for practitioners, scrum masters, and agile coaches. Participants will include: Agile Fluency Suite Licensed Facilitators; Team, Process, & Technical Coaches; Product Development practitioners; Leaders of ACE (Agile Centers of Excellence), AWGs (Agile Adoption Working Groups), & CoPs (Communities of Practice); as well as IT Leaders & Managers. The workshops post-gathering add additional learning opportunities.
Monday-Tuesday, November 4-5, 2019: Agile Fluency Gathering
Monday and Tuesday offer sessions in two tracks to strengthen your individual, team, and organizational effectiveness.
- Exploring: People who read about the model, are intrigued about how they might apply the model, and want to learn more
- Practising: People who are using the model for a number of years, hold current licenses to administer the material, and still want to learn more.
We will offer an introduction to the Agile Fluency Suite and an update on the Agile Fluency Project. There will be interactive sessions on sharing cases, on experiences using the model and methods, as well as exploration of new tools and techniques. In the evening we will play the game and network. We will have deeper dives for those who are experienced with Agile Fluency materials, and discovery sessions for those who have just begun your journey.
Wednesday, Nov 6, 2019: Workshops (in parallel).
Wednesday is an optional day for your choice of post gathering workshop. Choose between:
- Perfecting Practice Adoptions using the Agile Fluency Game (Ahmed) - Coaches and facilitators use the Agile Fluency Game to build shared understanding of Agile practices and excitement for adoption. As a participant in this one-day workshop you will receive a copy of the Agile Fluency Game and learn expert facilitation techniques to use in your own coaching, training, and team-building activities. Workshop leader and licensed facilitator of the Agile Fluency Suite, Ahmed Avais will share his extensive experiences facilitating the game with individual teams and larger groups, in a variety of settings.
- Exploring High Performance Coaching with the Agile Fluency Suite (Diana and/or James) - Learn to dramatically expand your influence and impact in a workshop with authors and Agile pioneers Diana Larsen (Agile Retrospectives: How to Make Good Teams Great) and James Shore (The Art of Agile). The topics we’ll explore and practice include How To:
- Expand your influence with top leadership to drive systemic change
- Employ the Agile Fluency Suite (Model, Diagnostic, and Improvement Cycle) to dramatically increase your opportunities for satisfying work
- Build a thriving external consultancy or internal center of excellence.
- James and Diana will join you in a variety of interactive activities, as we create your individualized plan for increasing your impact!
Costs & What’s included
Tickets for the Gathering cost between $995 and $1795 A limited number of early-bird tickets is available now. Register early and save $250. Ticket prices include all meals during the event. You pay only for hotel accommodation and incidental expenses.
Note: Ticket prices do not include accommodation.
YOU MAY PAY BY INVOICE! Please select "Other Payment Options" at the bottom of the checkout page.
We will host the Gathering at the Graylyn International Conference Center in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, in the historic, beautiful Piedmont area.
If you’d like to book at the conference hotel, . For the best price and to get a room convenient to our event, let them know you’re attending the Gathering when you reserve your room. You may also use travel services (e.g. , ) to find other hotels nearby. We do not receive a commission for your booking through any of these links.
The conference location is Winston-Salem, North Caroline, USA. The nearest airports for domestic and international travelers are (CLT) Charlotte Douglas International Airport (88 miles/142 km), (RDU) Raleigh-Durham International Airport (98 miles/158 km) and (GSO) Piedmont Triad International Airport (30 miles/48 km). All have many available connections to international locations. We will send additional transportation information to those who register for the event.
The Graylyn can accommodate a variety of food restrictions and mobility issues if notified in advance. When you register, please let us know what accommodations you require. The facility is a historic property and there are some areas that are difficult to access without prior arrangement.