Davo Galavotti - Resume
Product Designer & Creative Technologist
Senior Creative Technologist
Dec 2018 - Present
Design Systems with Framer X:
- Prototyping primitives from Design Tokens using Style Dictionary.
- Grids & Layouts: Edge cases for Layouts using CSS Grid Layouts with Emotion.
- Interactive form components using Formik (React, TypeScript, Framer X).
- Data Visualization components using D3, VX & Nivo.
May 2018 - June 2018
Motion for Design Systems:
One of my objectives this year was to be able to contribute more with the creative directors, to bring a technical perspective to creative projects for our CX platform. One major project was to create a set of motion design principles for the Design System. Exploring new technologies and techniques as well as troubleshoot issues that crop up.
Inside this project my duties have included:
- Explore and catalog over 40 different web components to prototype motion interactions for.
- Create a clear handoff document to facilitate the communication with developers (as an individual document and a Git issue templates).
- Create micro interactions for navigation components.
- Building data generators (sets of randomize catalogs of data) and make data visualization components with the same motion traits as the rest of the Design System.
Prototyping for Complex Web Application States:
The Northwestern Mutual Design team has been working on a variety of web applications to support the investment sales processes. One of this process is a health assessment application in the context of a web form.
Learnvest / Northwestern Mutual
October 2016 - May 2018 (1 year, 7 months)
Working in tandem with a Project Manager, focusing on rethinking the tools we use to produce financial advice on the platform. By creating these new products from the ground up, I’m also building new tools and workflows that supports data.
Freelance July 2016 - September 2016 (3 months)
During the past few months I’ve been working on several projects. I’ve been asked to design the first open data portal for Buenos Aires, one of the largest and most populous Argentinian province. Also, I’ve been working on a new website for a NY recruiting company and making a visual template for Academy material commissioned by a professor of CUNY Graduate School of Journalism.
Wellbin — June 2015 - May 2016 (1 year)