Daffodil: Hexagonal Architecture
Who am I?
- Damien Retzinger, Founder & Software Engineer @ Graycore
- Magento Developer for 6 years
- Starcraft Player (Protoss)
- Community Contributor for Magento 2
- Github -
- Twitter -
- Twitter -
- Twitch -
What is Daffodil?
Daffodil is a second-order framework built upon Angular that attempts to make building common applications features easier.
- Stability: Experimental
What problem does Daffodil solve?
Daffodil provides the developer experience that I always wanted:
- Fast & Code-thin
- An emphasis on developer and end-user experiences.
- Decoupled and Composable Packages
- Make it easier, faster, and cheaper to build high quality ecommerce applications
What does Daffodil Do?
- UI state models
- Asynchronous behaviors (Angular - Effects, React- Redux Saga)
- Themeable Design Library (written by UI developers)
- Platform-agnostic interfaces (Hexagonal Architecture)
Real world examples:
- Pizza Shop
- Printer Driver
- Iphone Wires
Definitely not an interview, I promise.
- What is a driver?
- How does this tie into my app?
- Eliminate Server-side Middleware
Why? Mitigate Complexity.
- Polynomial Software Complexity vs. Linear Complexity