- Current State refers to what is currently available (It will only include the very recently released features).
- Work in Progress refers to things currently in active development.
- On the Roadmap refers to things in some form of planning or discussion but isn’t in active development at the moment.
- FAQ is for anything that doesn’t fit in the previous three categories.
- Note that every line has a date at which it was most recently updated. If it doesn’t, it’s either set (roughly) in stone or its parent point has the date.
- If you wish to know what was discussed in the last update, just search for (2021-09-02)
- Feel free to comment anywhere on anything.
- And if you appreciate the work I’m doing here or anywhere, please .
THIS IS A PERSONAL ENDEAVOUR. IT IS NOT SPONSORED BY D&D BEYOND STAFF OR MANAGEMENT. I DID THIS ON MY OWN. THIS IS MY PRISM THROUGH WHICH I FILTER THE VIDEOS AND COMMENTS AND NO ONE ELSE IS TO BLAME. THIS IS A SUMMARY WITH NOTES AND NOT A DIRECT TRANSCRIPTION. NOT EVERYTHING HERE WAS SAID BY ADAM OR ANY OTHER D&D BEYOND STAFF MEMBER EXACTLY.
Basically, a lot of people asked for text summaries of the developer stream but D&D Beyond wasn’t doing it. So, I thought I'll try. Also, I see a lot of the same questions repeated again and again so I'm trying to collect them here.
Another important note: D&D Beyond is a PIECE OF SOFTWARE and, as such, it goes through SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT. And, as such, everything is fungible, liquid and THERE IS NO SILVER BULLET, until a product is officially out the door. The Developer Update Stream and this here post constitute no guarantee whatsoever of timelines or even plans. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. And it usually does.
What is it?
- Features for Adventurers League
- Log sheets
- AL Validation
- Integration for AL specific rules
- In development
Work in Progress
On the Roadmap
- AL Validation on Character Sheet (PHB+1, etc…) has been pushed back. (2021-01-21)
- Logsheets has been pushed back. (2021-01-21)
- There won’t be older adventures but talking to WotC about having new modules on DNDBeyond. (2019-12-19)
What is it?
- The biggest thing in DNDBeyond after the compendium.
- Where you see and manage your character.
- Rollable Hit Dice on Short Rest. (2021-09-02)
- Containers (Backpacks, Bags of Holding, etc…). (2021-09-02)
- Currently not possible to put containers in containers.
- Disciple of Life issue fix. (2021-03-25)
- Class Feature Feats (Infusions, invocations, maneuvers). (2021-02-11)
Work in Progress
- Visual Customisation Enhancements. (2021-09-02)
- Inventory Enhancements. (2021-09-02)
- Shared Containers. (2021-09-02)
- Different spells for different spellbooks. (2020-03-26)
- Hiding item info such as curses. (2021-01-28)
- The Generic Universal Feature System. (2021-09-02)
- Various things: Guilds, factions, epic boons, franchises, supernatural gifts.
- Custom Boons? (2021-09-02)
- New Game Mechanics. (2021-09-02)
- Dark Gifts, etc…