📋 Coventry University - CISCO: Student App Discovery and Prototype Review
Throughout this project, my role as the User Experience Manager
Our goal of partnering in a Discovery with you is to identify key goals, use cases, and solutions to deliver to a successful mobile application.
Session Notes and Documents
- and ()
- Final Deliverables - August 1, 2018 and ()
Discovery Action items
- Mid-stream Review
- Final Deliverables Review
- Contract Proposal Review
Coventry has around 15,000 students learning in Universities that they’re partnered with. There are two campuses in London, one up north and one in Coventry. CU is the second biggest recruiter of international students in the UK, with students from Africa, South America, and the Middle East.
Coventry U is a very important part of the city’s culture. The city of Coventry has been through periods of struggle, but it’s benefiting from the growth of the university. CU is the 5th best university in the country and it has greatly changed the landscape of Coventry as a city. It’s a “City of Culture” now and its brand is continuing to develop.
Universities now have to compete to attract students both from the UK and abroad. Coventry University aims to be ahead of the needs of students. CU’s goal is to make the most of a changing culture, moving from purely academic focus to emphasizing the student experience as well.
- The first two weeks at university are very critical. Within those two weeks, a student will feel that they either belong for the year or will choose to leave the school.
- Students need a way to stay connected to the school and the community around them.
- The university currently has no centralized system to provide notifications.
- Students are not always aware of all the resources available to them.
- The campus is mixed within the city center and it’s not always clear which buildings are part of Coventry University.