Configuring SCIM Provisioning for Abstract
The following provisioning features are supported:
- Push New Users
- New users created through Okta and assigned to the application will be created in Abstract
- Push Profile Updates
- Updates made to the assigned user's supported profile attributes (First Name, Last Name) through Okta will be pushed to Abstract
- Push User Deactivation
- Deactivating the user or removing the user from the application through Okta will deactivate the user in Abstract
- Reactivate Users
- Reassigning a previously unassigned user to the application will reactivate the user’s account in Abstract
- You must have an active Enterprise plan subscription with Abstract.
- Before you set up provisioning with Abstract, you will need to have first with Abstract.
- The “Username” value in Okta must be an email address.
- You need to have generated a personal access token via the SDK and a SCIM Login JSON file (+Accessing Abstract SCIM Login)
Provisioning > API Integration
Click the “Configure API Integration” button to begin.
Check the “Enable API Integration” box, then enter your . NOTE: these credentials will be different from the ones you use to log into Abstract.
Provisioning > To App
Select the supported features (Create/Update/Deactivate) you wish to enable:
The following profile attributes are required to be sent from Okta to Abstract:
- Given name
- Family name
- Primary email