Kasper Pyndt Rasmussen
D.O.B.: Nov 20, 1987
From: Copenhagen, Denmark
Speaks: Danish and English (fluent), German and Dutch (novice)
(+45) 5094 4179
Kasper Pyndt Rasmussen (DK) is a type- and graphic designer from Copenhagen and the founder of Approximate Type (approxtype.com). He currently shares a tiny studio in Nørrebro with Hanna Bergman, Mads Sandholm, Reidar Pritzel and Laura Silke.
The starting point and main engine of his practice is type, language and the relationship between the two. Through this exchange he aims to develop straight-forward design solutions that emphasise conceptual sturdiness and contextual (self)awareness. This results—mostly—in the production of typefaces, books, websites, and visual identities.
In 2016 he obtained his MA from The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts’ School for Design after a detour to The Netherlands, completing a year at The Royal Academy of Art in The Hague. He has been working independently since January 1, 2018.
- 01.2021-present: Approximate Type, founder & type designer,
- 01.2018-present: Kasper Pyndt Studio, self-employed,
- 09.2016-07.2017: Urgent.Agency, type & graphic designer,
- 09.2014-02.2015: Studio Moniker, intern & freelancer,
- 09.2011-09.2013: Make, graphic designer,
- 02.2010-10.2010: NR2154, assistant designer,
- 09.2009-12.2009: Projektbuero Henkel.Hiedl (Berlin), intern,
- 03.2009-05.2009: Re-public, intern,
- 2020: 5-day workshop: From Object to Letter. Krabbesholm Højskole, Skive.
- 2019: Guest critic, School of Media and Journalism, Type Design workshop
- 2018: Tutoring, Type Design, The Royal Academy – Architecture, Design, Conservation, Copenhagen.
- 2014: Portfolio review, Preparatory year Graphic Design, The Royal Academy of Art, The Hague.
- 2020: Krabbesholm, Graphic Design Department
- 2018: KADK Copenhagen, Lecture on Post-graduation Practices
- 2017: Gentofte Studenterkursus, Lecture on Type as Tone
- 2016: KADK, MA defense, Type as Tone
Clients and collaborators
- The Shed
- Other Means
- Seb McLauchlan Ltd.
- The National Gallery of Denmark
- Regular Practice
- Studio Moniker
- Danish Architecture Center
- MOTOR Productions