🤷♂️ An Amateur’s Scribbled Map of Whatever Comes to Mind as This is Happening
+Map / START HERE
Hello! I’m +Buster Benson. Welcome to my scribbles. My personal website with ever-so-slightly more organized thoughts is over at but I wanted to try something a bit more chaotic for a bit. Fair warning: it’s not going to make sense. Hefty skepticism is fully warranted. Inline comments are welcome.
Rough sketch of some weird ideas
I’m looking for a new, untethered way to organize thoughts in some spatial dimensions that aren’t by chronology or topic, but more around how function in terms of connecting me to my own intuitions, the world, and to communities. It’s a work-in-progress, so for now you get these obscure labels. Squint your eyes and pretend like you’re looking at an old map of a fictional world, like the kind at the beginning of the Hobbit. Yes, that will take an incredible squint.
🌋 The Magenta Hills
Where authentic creativity is found.
A pile of +Rough Cuts includes early drafts all kinds of unfinished work.
📊 The Cyan Markets
Where useful strategies are found.
A place to practice +The Art of Productive Disagreement.
New or updated things
- 3rd: Updated (private alpha currently, ping me if you want to help test it out) with a fix to a very annoying memory leak issue that had me stuck for over a month. Daily active writers is around 8-10, so still a super small group.
- 13th: Shared notes on +White Fragility in a as Black Lives Matter continues to rise in our cultural narrative. Also started a bound-to-be-difficult but hope-to-be-insightful conversation with Jonathan Church .
- Shared my raw notes for +Awakening from the Meaning Crisis as I begin re-listening to them again from the beginning.
- Imported and updated my +Codex Vitae along with the 9-year changelog. This is the first time I’ve posted my beliefs somewhere that allowed comments… I’m curious if this will lead to better feedback and accountability.
- I need to explain the 8 locations on the map. First I’ll create notebooks for each one, starting with +The Dark Forest.
- I moved stuff from this homepage to +44 - Year of the Amateur because I realized that things were going to get really messy really quick. I also added the weird table above in an attempt to approximate a 2-dimensional map-like thing that is organized by an obscure system that may or may not work. Luckily, being an amateur allows such risks to be taken.
- 28th: Relaunched this page as my new “website” at . The previous one is still at .