ACES Metadata File Implementation Virtual Working Group
(ARCHIVED - This group has concluded and is no longer active. This page remains here for reference only.)
Dan Tatut - Working Group Chairman -
Alex Forsythe - ACES Technical Lead -
Steve Tobenkin - ACES Adoption/Comms Lead -
AMF VWG Home:
ACES Metadata Implementation VWG Goals
This group is intended to:
- Create tools and best practices that assist in the consistent and quality implementation of the ACES Metadata File (AMF).
ACES Metadata File Proponents
Below are the list of proponents for this work listed on the original proposal form:
- Universal Pictures
- The Walt Disney Studios
- Marvel Studios
- By accessing this site, you agree to abide by the following rules.
- If you post anything, please set your Dropbox name to your actual name or a name we can reasonably identify
- Please do not delete any entries, documents or lists on this site. This site is read only by default. Email the working group chair or staff technical lead if you need access to modify this page.
How the ACES VWG Process Works
If you’re new to our Virtual Working Group structure, please note the following:
Working Group Meetings are held on GoToMeeting
Discussions are hosted on ACESCentral.com in the named VWG Discussions category
Schedules, documents, to-dos, etc. are hosted on the named VWG workspace (i.e. you’re on the Workspace for this group: ACESclip Requirements Review and Revision)
A list of all the active and past VWGs can be found on the Workspace Home: https://aces.mp/VWG_HOME
New Specification DRAFT
Group Proposal Form
- Interoperability testing based on a set of canonical test vectorsfor the primary use-cases.
- Pseudo-code/algorithmsto help adopters to implement AMF in their products
- Propose support/interaction for AMF into/with various media transport formats, in particular file formats used in production, post production, mastering and archiving(e.g. ST2067-50 IMF Application #5)
We use GoToMeeting for our conference calls and we record and then post each meeting so the community can review. Instructions for GoToMeeting are here: