Input Device Transform (IDT) Implementation Virtual Working Group
Josh Pines - Working Group Chairman
Alex Forsythe - ACES Technical Lead -
Steve Tobenkin - ACES Adoption/Comms Lead -
This group is intended to :
- Determine best practices for camera manufacturers and camera operators to ensure digital camera material comes into ACES with the proper exposure and color balance. (e.g. a normally exposed 18% gray card comes into ACES as R=G=B=0.18)
- Provide guidance and tools to supplement P-2013-001 in the creation of digital camera IDTs.
Below are the list of proponents for this work listed on the original proposal form:
- EFILM, Technicolor, ARRI, RED, Sony, Canon, Panasonic, BlackMagic
- By accessing this site, you agree to abide by the following rules.
- If you post anything, please set your Dropbox name to your actual name or a name we can reasonably identify
- Please do not delete any entries, documents or lists on this site. This site is read only by default. Email the working group chair or staff technical lead if you need access to modify this page.
How the ACES VWG Process Works
If you’re new to our Virtual Working Group structure, please note the following:
- Working Group Meetings are held on GoToMeeting
- Discussions are hosted on ACESCentral.com in the named VWG Discussions category
- Schedules, documents, to-dos, etc. are hosted on the named VWG workspace (i.e. you’re on the Workspace for this group: ACESclip Requirements Review and Revision)
- A list of all the active and past VWGs can be found on the Workspace Home: https://aces.mp/VWG_HOME
Calculation of ST 2065-1 Annex values
Chart Shoot Checklist Document
Blackbox Camera Linearization Test Data
Group Proposal Form
Proposed deliverables related to #1 include:
- Documentation outlining issues and potential solutions to minimize errors in exposure and white balance ssociated with converting camera data to ACES.
- Test procedures to verify exposure and color balance. • Recommendations on test equipment.
Proposed deliverables related to #2 include:
- Documentation outlining the strengths and weakness of various IDT models (e.g. 3x3 matrices, 2D LUTs, 3D LUTs, etc.).