How to practice commons architecture?
Keyword: commons, architecture, architectural, design, urban
or commoning architecture ?
- potential and existence of Informality, informal and oral protocols, their power, openness, adaptability and social construction potentials
- the (new?) Aesthetics of the commons and it’s politics
- architecture as a resource
- architectural design knowledge as a resource
- design vs co-creation and co-making
- (re)production and making of architecture as a commons > temporality, counterstatic construction > maintenance as architecture
- the important distinction between the public, the collective and the commons
- infrastructuring the commons as a strategy
- studying the informal housing and commons architecture cases ?
- self organization and leadership
- creativity and architectural interventions as a means for conflict resolution
- monitoring ???
- analytic knowledge creation: informal housing / commons architecture examples as a case? IAD Framework?
- timely design, not only in terms of temporality but also architecture’s intervention-- if there is no end-product, architectural service is needed all during the commoning practices
- intellectual show off serving to bobos
- Commonist architecture as “socially inculcated tacit knowledge”.
notes from 20th august
a list of case studies in bxl
- commons as an Open system vs closed system (fallacy)
- impossibility of pure commons and self governance