210227_1.Media Biotope in the Digital Age
, Saturday, February 27, 2021.
(미즈코시 신, 水越伸)
(대학원 정보학환 大學院情報學環)
(도쿄 대학, 東京大學)
The range of the seminar
In the Media Infra Literacy project, we have mainly done two kinds of achievements.
1) Theoretical examination of new media literacy for media platforms and infrastructure. The project has examined new media theories, including software studies, infrastructure studies, and science & engineering studies for robots & AI.
2) Developing workshop-style learning programs according to . The following is the list of them.
- Speak out the user contract!
- Let’s rank the sceneries photos
- Where were the photos taken?
- What was it like to “search” in those days
- Sketching Twitter workshop
- Renovate Twitter workshop
- Media Landscape without Apple, etc.
For the more effective social implementation of them, we need sustainable social networks. And those social networks need theoretical background.
Firstly, we want to examine some case studies.
0. Today’s Menu
The presentation consists of three parts.
First, I trace our achievements to generate and maintain social networks for media literacy education in Japan.
Second, I analyze “Storyplacing”: our current interdisciplinary and socially engaged digital storytelling project.
Lastly, I reexamine “Media Biotope”: a strategic theory for creating a micro media ecosystem coined in 2005 and try to re-tailor it to the contemporary media environment.
- (Media Expression, Learning, and Literacy Project) & MELL Platz 2001-12
- An interdisciplinary and socially engaged network for media expression, learning, and literacy: 80 members with 1,000 supporters.
- Exploring a new dimension of information design for people’s media narratives
- Core Research for Evolutional Science and Technology project funded by JST